Whether it’s from a burst pipe or a flash flood in a nearby river, water damage in your home can truly be devastating. Water mitigation experts know what steps to take to get things back to normal. Here’s how they do it:
- Remove Standing Water: The first step is always to get any standing water that remains out of your home. Typically, you can use industrial-grade water extractors that can vacuum up large quantities of polluted water.
- Dehumidify – After the standing water is gone, it’s time to get rid of the rest of the moisture. Lingering moisture can continue to damage your home and lead to mold growth. Fans, blowers, and dehumidifiers will deal with this problem quickly.
- Mold Removal: If mold has begun to grow, they’ll make sure to remove it thoroughly before moving forward. It’s done by cutting out impacted materials like flooring and drywall or simply cleaning an area entirely.
- Sanitize and Clean: More cleaning comes next. Floodwaters can often have pollutants that will linger on surfaces. Professional cleaning will kill that bacteria.
- Repair and Restore – Finally, they’ll get to work fixing the damage. Drywall will be replaced and repainted, including new flooring may be installed.